INVEST Drug Abuse Research Fellowship

The INVEST Drug Abuse Research Fellowship combines postdoctoral research training in the United States with professional development activities and grant-writing guidance to form a unique program for drug abuse scientists. Fellows may conduct their research in any aspect of the biomedical or behavioral science of drug abuse and addiction. 

Previous Fellows have conducted research in all aspects of drug abuse and addiction, from social science to basic science, including epidemiology, prevention, treatment, and preclinical and clinical sciences. Fellows and their mentors are encouraged to develop jointly and seek funding for a collaborative research project to be conducted in the Fellow's home country. Fellows and their U.S. mentors are part of a network of international scientists who exchange information and collaborate on drug abuse research nationally, regionally, and globally.

The 12-month fellowship provides –
  • Rigorous postdoctoral research training with a NIDA grantee at a U.S. institution.
  • Professional development activities that help you establish personal relationships with NIDA grantees and NIDA officials who are willing to continue working with you after you return home.
  • A stipend of $39,000US for living and personal expenses, round-trip travel, and a $5,000US allowance to cover the cost of health insurance and professional development activities.
The requirements for INVEST applicants are –
  • An earned doctoral degree in medicine, public health, biomedical, behavioral, or social sciences.
  • A minimum of 2 years of postdoctoral research experience, including a demonstrated ability to engage in independent research.
  • Written assurance from an institution in the home country that there is a position to which the applicant can return after completing the fellowship.
  • Proficiency in written and spoken English.
  • Citizenship or permanent residency in a country other than the United States.
  • Status of living and working outside the United States at the time the application is submitted.
  • Eligibility for the J-1 visa to enter the United States.
Original post by http://international.drugabuse.gov/research/fellowships_invest.html

©2008 StudentExpert - About Us - Privacy Policy - Contact