UNU-ISP Scholarships

UNU-ISP takes an innovative, integrated approach to sustainability — one that encompasses global change, development, peace and security. The Institute bridges these cross-cutting issues through research, educational, and collaborative initiatives with the aim of solving current problems and anticipating future challenges.

The UNU Institute for Sustainability and Peace is in discussions with top universities across the globe regarding the initiation of joint graduate degree programmes. UNU-ISP will undertake graduate degree programmes leading to the granting of master’s and doctorate degrees on themes relevant to UNU-ISP’s focus on sustainability and peace.

Scholarships are available for outstanding applicants. A scholarship covers the tuition fees, and provides a monthly allowance of 150,000 yen towards living expenses. 150,000 yen is the average monthly living cost for an international single student in Tokyo, although this will vary, depending on the lifestyle of the student. The monthly allowance will be provided for a maximum of 24 months. Travel costs to and from Japan, visa costs and insurance costs must be covered by the student.

In some cases, applicants who are not selected as scholarship recipients may be granted exemption from the matriculation and tuition fees. Applicants who wish to apply for a scholarship should submit the Scholarship Application Form, in addition to the Application Form for admissions.

UNU may terminate the scholarship at any time during the scholarship period if the scholarship holder is considered not to be able to successfully complete the programme. Also, UNU has the right to terminate the scholarship at any time if the information on the scholarship holder’s application form is false or misleading.

Applicants for the Master of Science in Sustainability, Development, and Peace must possess at least a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from a recognized university or institution of higher education.

Excellent written and verbal English language skills are required. Applicants whose first language is not English and whose bachelor’s degree is not from an institution at which English is the language of instruction must submit proof of English language proficiency within the past 2 years.
Original post by http://isp.unu.edu/graduate/admissions.html

©2008 StudentExpert - About Us - Privacy Policy - Contact